Lifestyle Magazine for Inverclyde and West Renfrewshire
Call Us : 01505 871962

Online Marketing and Advertising

Pay-for-click Advertising starting from as little as £50 per campaign

Pay-per-click (PPC) adverts are the adverts you see appear down the right-hand column and at the top of Google and Bing search pages. You can also see them on thousands of other sites in what is known as the “Display Network”, e.g major newspaper and information websites. Advertisers bid on certain keywords or key phrases for their advert. They are only charged if someone clicks on their advert. The cost per click is variable,but you set the maximum you are willing to pay for each click.

Where will your adverts appear

  • Adverts via the major search engines – Google and Bing/Yahoo
  • Adverts via Social Media – Facebook and Twitter
  • Retargeting – we show your adverts to people who have either visited your website or your page on Facebook.
Adwords graphics
Bing and Yahoo Advertising

Which PPC Services do we provide?

  • Identification of keywords for your campaign.
  • Reporting to analyse your costs and return on investment (ROI).
  • Advice on the various bidding options: keyword-specific bidding, content bidding and ad position preference.
  • Tracking conversion rates, researching and advising on placement targeting options (Google and Bing allow you to run adverts on other relevant sites and search engines).
  • Landing Page and optimisation.

We have shown two examples of local searches below which highlight the different types of adverts that can appear in Google searches. We can not only create adverts that will shown based on keywords, but also based upon your location. Bing/Yahoo search adverts are similar.

Search for plumber in Inverclyde

Search for Magazine in Inverclyde

What is Retargeting

Generally less than 3% of shoppers convert on the first visit to an online store. Retargeting brings back the other 97%. Retargeting works by keeping track of people who visit your site and displaying your retargeting ads to them as they visit other sites online.

Retargeting Graphic

How does retargeting work?

A piece of code on your website builds a list of people that visit your site by placing a retargeting “cookies” in their browser. This list is used to display retargeting adverts to your potential customers as they visit other sites.

Why is retargeting so effective

Retargeting generates greater online sales or enquiries by bringing back window shoppers or casual browsers to your website when they are ready to buy or find out more. Every time your customer sees your retargeting adverts, you gain more recognition with that potential buyer.

Retargeting Best Practices

Retargeting is most effective if you segment your visitors (e.g. people who looked at shoes vs jackets) and tailor the retargeting adverts shown to each group, or not retarget them at all (e.g. people who converted.)
The best performing retargeting adverts have a clear call-to-action.
Different products require different retargeting time windows. e.g. people shopping for insurance should be retargeted immediately; people shopping for luxury goods can be retargeted later.

 

To find out more about what we could do to help you, call 01505 871962 for an informal chat.